No matter what kind of cuisine you’re into, be it Spanish, Italian, Indian… You’re going to be using onions. They’re a staple foodstuff. So wouldn’t it be great if, instead of having to go out to the store to buy them all the time, you could just lean over to the window and pluck as many as you need, whenever you want? Of course it would! And you can. It’s possible to grow your own onions – and be guaranteed of their origin and how they grew. And we’re talking indoors, so your climate and weather shouldn’t matter…
Here’s all you’re going to need:
– A 5 liter bottle
– Onion bulbs
– Some soil
– A little water
And here’s what you do:
– Start off by cutting the top part of the bottle off.
– Cut some holes out of the bottles. The holes have got to be big enough for the onions.
– Make certain that the little onion sprouts are properly positioned through those holes you cut.
– Put a few layers of soil and sprouts in on top of each other, adding them until the bottle’s full up.
– You can add the yop of the bottle back on (with the tape).
– Make sure that you water the soil and place it on your windowsill in sunlight.
– Soon enough, your onions will be sprouting out of the bulbs that you planted
– Enjoy your homemade onions!
H/T: Earth We Are One