Doing yard work is one of the worst ways to spend your weekend. You dread it all week, then the weekend arrives in a flash. You aren’t prepared with the tools, and you just really don’t feel like doing it. That’s how it is for me at least. I hate yard work with an absolute burning passion. My weekends are time for me and my interests, not weeding a flower bed or trimming a tree. I would be much more amicable to doing yard work if I had the luck that these people had. While digging up their backyards, these people stumbled across some absolutely amazing treasures and valuables. Some of them have even re-written the history books, which is pretty astonishing. Take a look at some of the priceless artifacts these people stumbled across in their own backyards!
1. When an Austrian man decided to expand his pool, he had no idea what he would be holding very shortly. He found a treasure estimated to be about 650 years old. It included over 200 rings, brooches, and belt buckles along with other fossilized items.
2. Now this might be a little scary. A developer in Florida was building new houses over a bombing range. This seems like a terrible decision, and it was. People are still finding bombs in their backyards.
3. A couple was walking their dog through their property that consisted of parts of what was once called “Gold Country.” They noticed a rusting bucket sticking out of the ground, and found gold valued at around $10 million!
4. Finding bodies while digging a hole for a swimming pool is not what most people would want, but it is exactly what happened this guy. He found human remains inside 13 separate caskets dating back to the 1700’s.
5. An amateur historian was exploring his property in the UK when he came across a burial plot estimated to date back to 2500 BC.
6. In Normandy, France three builders stole a treasure valued at around 900k Euros while working on a property.
7. While completing a landscaping project in 2014, a man was taken aback by what looked like human bones. After careful examination by a professional it was determined the bones belonged to a Native American. Oh, and they were also 1,000 years old.
8. While checking his rows of corn, a North Carolina man came across a 65 carat Emerald in a pit. That thing must be absolutely huge.
9. A cannon ball was found by a man who was digging a hole for a new fish pond. He found out that the cannon ball was actually used in the Battle Of New Orleans all the way back in 1812.
10. While picking vegetables from his garden in Illinois, a man noticed a nylon sack sticking out from the ground. He pulled it out and discovered it contained $150k!
11. While laying some new pipe in his back garden in the Czech Republic, a man noticed some metal sticking out of the ground. Upon further investigation, it was two 400 year old church bells that had been stolen from nearby churches.
12. These false teeth were found in a very old vegetable plot in Buffalo, NY.
13. Just last year in February in Israel, diggers came across the largest collection of Medieval coins ever found. There were around 2,000 coins in all, ranging from the 10th Century to the 11th Century.
14. A Canadian man was clearing out the space in between his garage and his fence line in early 2014 when he made a pretty amazing discovery. He saw a pillow case that clearly had something in it. He investigated and found a fully loaded machine gun and a mobile phone. Someone was definitely a prepper.
Click The NEXT Button To See More!